Close Protection Operative
Course includes basic CP firearms training with Simunition scenarios
This course will be taught using theoretical and practical exercises. The lectures will be conducted in the classroom, urban area and shooting range.
Final training exercise will contain IN TOWN EXERCISE - training in realistic every day situation.
The course will be given in ESA Training Center with the use of ESA equipment.
• Be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
• FREC Level 3 or similar medical course is necessary
Casual clothing (no jeans), rain / weather gear and business clothing (slacks, jacket, tie and appropriate shoes), Tactical pants, Tactical belt, Sport shoes and uniform, laptop/smartphone, shooting glasses,
shooting ear protection like earmuffs, earplugs
Topics CP Specialist Module
• Roles and Responsibilities of the Close Protection Operative
• Threat and Risk Assessment
• Surveillance Awareness
• Operational Planning
• Law and Legislation
• Interpersonal Skills
• Close Protection Teamwork and Briefing
• Conduct Reconnaissance
• Close Protection Foot Drills
• Route Selection
• Close Protection Journey Management
• Search Procedures
• Incident Management
• Venue Security
• Unarmed combat
Topics Conflict Management Module
• Avoiding Conflict and Reducing Personal Risk
• Defusing Conflict
• Resolving and Learning from Conflict
• Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management for Security Guarding and Close Protection
Course prices includes accommodation and food for the complete training
The course main target is to provide student with all the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to work as a Close Protection agent as soon as she/he complete our 14 days intensive program. The course will use minimum of classroom lectures with maximum of realistic and practical field training exercises to provide a full understanding of close protection operations worldwide. The CPO Course includes the overall knowledge within ‘Business’ and ‘Dignitary’ areas of Close Protection, and it’s training program is based on the proven training methods. The Course is approved by Pearson BTEC Awarding Body.
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate for Working as a Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry you will need to attend and take two training modules and take and pass an exam.